INTERNATIONAL WORSHIP & ARTS NETWORK
Thomas Blackshear – JOYFUL NOISE. For info on how to order this inspiring figurine, click on link
AD2000 Worship & Arts Network VISION STATEMENT
To declare the supremacy of Christ
by raising up a generation of
committed to the task of
seeing God build up His Church
and restoring the unique worship
and artistic expressions of all peoples.
Therefore, the network exists to see
a worshipping church for every people.
* * * * * *
The Worship and Arts Resource Network: Helping the AD2000 Movement Present Worshipers to the Lord from Every People
The AD2000 and Beyond Movement has announced the formation of the Worship and Arts Resource Network (Track). The Network joins nine others, including the United Prayer Network, Media, Saturation Evangelism, Unreached Peoples, Cities, and more.
Realizing that the goal of global evangelization is to present
worshipers to the Lord from every people group, the Network seeks to serve existing ministries and initiatives by promoting an international network of information and resources on worship and artistic communication to the Body of Christ worldwide.
The Network aims to inspire worship musicians and artists to join church planting efforts to help enable believers in emerging congregations to develop their own vernacular worship and artistic expressions. The Network will encourage the funding and implementing of indigenous audio and video recording projects and facilities where none exist so that emerging congregations in these groups can learn to worship using their own vernacular music and artistic expressions.
The Network will cooperate with the music initiatives of Mission
America to encourage musicians and artists to participate in the
evangelism and church planting efforts in the ethnic communities and cities of America.
To prepare people for missions involvement, the Network will
encourage Christian institutions and ministries to help in the
training of the artists and musicians for frontier missions
Recognizing that genuine, heartfelt worship is a powerful witness to the non-believer, the Network will inspire worship celebration as part of evangelistic and church-planting strategy. It will also cooperate with the March for Jesus movement and other efforts that unify believers in public praise.
The Worship and Arts Network is coordinated by Frank Fortunato, Music Director for Operation Mobilization, with co-coordination provided by Gerrit Gustafson, Director of the Worship Group; Byron Spradlin, President of Artists in Christian Testimony; Tom Pelton, Director of the Marches for Jesus in the Americas; and Dave Hall, Music Coordinator for Pioneers Mission. Sub-committees will focus on the historic/traditional, the contemporary, and the ethnic aspects of worship and the arts. One such subgroup is the Muslim aspect of the Ethnic Division which is headed up by Grace Wiebe of Ethnic Worship & Arts Focus.
Veteran songwriters Jimmy and Carol Owens serve as chairpersons for the Network, and also chair the AD2000 Mission America Worship and Arts Track. The AD2000 and Beyond Movement is a global evangelical network that seeks to encourage cooperation in establishing a church within every people group and the gospel for every person. Along with the Networks, the Movement also functions through nine Task Forces, as well as national and regional coordinators.
For more information on the Worship and Arts network, contact
Frank Fortunato, OM, PO Box 444, Tyrone, GA 30290; tel: 770-631-0432, fax: 770-631-0439 Internet: email@example.com
Purpose: The purposes of the AD2000 Worship & Arts Track are to:
1. Network: To inspire and affirm musicians and artists throughout the world to cooperate in seeing a worshiping church which is biblically faithful and culturally relevant for every people. These networks include those involved in
2) contemporary and
3) ethnic worship, music and arts.
2. Serve: To humbly serve existing ministries, networks and
national initiatives by promoting a broader, international network of information and resources on worship and artistic communication for the Body of Christ.
3. Mobilize: To inspire worship musicians and artists to help
church planting efforts by developing worship in local vernacular and artistic expressions which proclaim Christ and glorify God.
1. Leaders: Identify worship and arts leadership at various levels-- international, national, regional and local--and link them to participate in the goals of the AD2000 Worship & Arts Track.
2. Newsletters: a) Identify a team of worship leaders and others to produce a newsletter to inform and provide resources to ministries concerning the biblical and cultural understanding of music, worship and the arts; b) Identify worship/arts leadership in various parts of the world to produce regional editions of newsletters in various languages.
3. Resources: Identify worship/arts leaders to compile materials that cover biblical and practical aspects of worship and the arts. Promote translations and distribution of these materials through the worship and arts networks.
4. Technologies: Gather and distribute useful information regarding video and audio recordings, sound amplification, MIDI and other worship and arts technology.
5. Recordings: Encourage the funding and implementation of
indigenous audio and video recording projects and facilities where none exist.
6. Training: Encourage Christian institutions and ministries to prepare musicians and artists through practical training for missions involvement.
7. Events: Link with the current international and regional AD2000 events and initiatives to facilitate the plenary and Track worship times, and convene and encourage other worship and arts events.
INTRODUCTION TO THE AD2000 WORSHIP & ARTS RESOURCE NETWORK
New site: (now called the International Worship & Arts Network)